Welcome to my personal blog, where I write about the latest exciting developments in the physical sciences. As Managing Editor at Nature Communications I bring my own perspective to the latest scientific trends.
- X-ray crystallography made easy April 1, 2013
- The curse of the obsession with doctorate degrees February 5, 2013
- Lithium-ion batteries and the Boeing 787 Dreamliner January 19, 2013
- Measuring mass by telling the time January 13, 2013
- Atoms at negative absolute temperatures January 4, 2013
- Great, the physics Nobel prize for graphene! Now don’t overhype it… October 5, 2010
- Leaving Nature Materials September 12, 2012
- Science in the age of austerity July 18, 2011
- Transparency in peer review November 10, 2010
- Semiconductor optical switches reach the speed of light April 29, 2011
- Lance: Do you know if there is anyone manufacturing this ...
- john cronk: Yes, if it's failure without fire then the passeng...
- Swagat: Dear Joerg, Its quite a coincidence that I read t...
- Prabir: Dear Joerg, I am truly impressed with your handli...
- Joerg Heber: Hi there, well, I am not really concerned why the...
atom laser Bose-Einstein condensate budget cuts carbon nanotubes cloaking ferroelectricity frequency comb graphene hall effect Hanbury Brown-Twiss effect ILL information storage laser lithium magnetism magnets Maxwell's demon metallic glasses metamaterials multiferroics nanowires Nature Materials neutrons neutron scattering Nobel prize optics plasmonics polaritons proteins quantum computer scanning tunneling microscope science funding silicon skyrmions solar cells spectroscopy spin spin electronics spin transistor spintronics superconductivity surface plasmons topological insulators transistor ultracold atoms
Follow me on twitterMy Tweets
All That Matters is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.